Discuss RCD won't trip in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shovelhead

Hi
can anyone help.

I have just done an extension to an annexe, using 3 core 1.5mm swa for the lighting and 4 core 2.5mm for the ring into a 2 way CED Garage Consumer Unit with a 63A 30mA RCD, 32A and 6A MCBs.

Ze, Insulation resistance and continuity test came out fine testing with a Megger MFT 1553 but the RCD will only trip at 5x.

Any advice please?

first try testing at the RCD, loads isolated.

Ill have a guess, remove bus bar and do a three lead test on the load side terminal screws and see if it trips. This means your rule out any possibility of it being down to the circuit(s) your testing. Coreect me if im wrong though :D

Ill have a guess, remove bus bar and do a three lead test on the load side terminal screws and see if it trips. This means your rule out any possibility of it being down to the circuit(s) your testing. Coreect me if im wrong though :D
No need to remove busbar. Switching off circuit breakers will do.

Reply to RCD won't trip in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I’ve been having a strange fault in my house which has just appeared over the past few days. About a month ago I moved my pc set up...
Replies
Views
Had a real headache of a fault finding job which has left me scratching my head - RCCB on a split load board, supplying 3 circuits (shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all,looking for some pointers to an RCD problem, I work entirely on large poultry farms, I've only been in post a year, at some point before I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock