Discuss RCDs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I pressed the test button of a square D QQE RCBO to day and it exploded blowing the 63 amp main fuse customer came running in , how do you explain that to a customer , that they should press the test button every few weeks ,he looked more shocked than me , what a load of junk they are , to much reliance on RCD's and RCBO's these days , and to make it worse they have two different BS numbers one 4293 for the RCD and 60898 for the mcb side all on the same device box aint wide enough to put all those in , on the test sheet

I think there a godsend from what i've been reading.
eh?

encouraging lazy buggers to accept high levels of loop...just caus theres an RCD top end..?

or maybe its all about condition report coding in special locations?...

it could even be about forcing/insinuating unneccessary board changes on the unwary...

RCDs have their place....but their not a be all n end all...

Reply to RCDs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello sparkles, I have a question in relation to sequencing the RCDs and MCBs in the CU. I called an electrician to come to my house and upgrade...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hi do tt earth systems highly require a rcd, and if not are upfront rcds a must in the tt earthing systems? Cheers
Replies
Views
Keeping this brief.....................New dwelling.....TT system with 100mA S type rcd protected supply to local board with 30mA RCD. Freelance...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme New Circuit - NO RCDs
A client wants an outdoor socket installing on a new circuit. The current installation doesn't have any RCDs for the other circuits. I would put...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock