CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Re-entering The Industry in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

New to the forum & looking for some advice.

I am a time served industrial Electrician of nearly 30 years qualified to HNC standard, however I have been out of the industry for some time.

I am hoping to work part time as an Electrician again & am wondering what are the current requirements qualification wise, ie wiring regs etc.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed
Where you think your work will, e.g. domestic? Will you want to work for an employer or self employed?

Domestic installation ?

There is a guy on YouTube called bokke electrical that did some useful videos on how to get back into electrics

I am a time served industrial Electrician of nearly 30 years qualified to HNC, I have been out of the industry for some time.

I am hoping to work part time as an Electrician again & am wondering what are the current requirements qualification wise, ie wiring regs etc.
How long have you been as you say out of the industry? Its currently 18th edition (Blue book).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How long have you been as you say out of the industry? Its currently 18th edition (Blue book).
I think the last Regs course I did was the 16th edition so I guess I'm pretty out of date.

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed
Cheers Matthew, is that in the Industrial or Domestic sector? Or both :(
As a whole I would say but domestic can be a real mess!

I think the last Regs course I did was the 16th edition so I guess I'm pretty out of date.
I did my apprenticeship under the 16th.....I've still got the big red book i nicked from college.

Reply to Re-entering The Industry in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom