Discuss re train in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

walshy

Hi there,

I passed my city and guilds part one 13 years ago and then left the trade.

Can anyone advise me the quickest and cheapest way to get my part 2?

Much obliged.

AFAIK the part 2 (pressuming you mean 236/2360) is no more, it has been replaced with 2330 and I have no idea whether you could carry on where you left off.

There are other routes you could take im sure....good luck :)

AFAIK the part 2 (pressuming you mean 236/2360) is no more, it has been replaced with 2330 and I have no idea whether you could carry on where you left off.

There are other routes you could take im sure....good luck :)
Im basically looking to get a trade to gain entry in to new zealand, saw a £5k plumbers course that takes 10 weeks but thought it would be silly to do that if i was half way there with sparking.

hated the theory side though to be honest

It wont be any better now :)

Not sure what just having the qualification would mean to them TBH, im sure they would take experience into account.

I know there is much quicker ways to be seen as competent in the eyes of NIC etc so maybe thats your best option, I dont think its worth all the hard work anymore.

Hope it all goes well :) have got the idea to get out of this country myself at the moment

Im basically looking to get a trade to gain entry in to new zealand, saw a £5k plumbers course that takes 10 weeks but thought it would be silly to do that if i was half way there with sparking.

A mate of mine was in the same boat as you 5 years ago as he had left the trade though he was fully qualified and he wanted to go to new zealand,he had to be able to prove he had worked at least 1000 hours as a spark in this country before they would accept him as spark which he did and he says it was the best move he ever made;)

Reply to re train in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock