Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss re train in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walshy

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi there,

I passed my city and guilds part one 13 years ago and then left the trade.

Can anyone advise me the quickest and cheapest way to get my part 2?

Much obliged.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
M

montybaber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AFAIK the part 2 (pressuming you mean 236/2360) is no more, it has been replaced with 2330 and I have no idea whether you could carry on where you left off.

There are other routes you could take im sure....good luck :)

W

walshy

AFAIK the part 2 (pressuming you mean 236/2360) is no more, it has been replaced with 2330 and I have no idea whether you could carry on where you left off.

There are other routes you could take im sure....good luck :)
Im basically looking to get a trade to gain entry in to new zealand, saw a £5k plumbers course that takes 10 weeks but thought it would be silly to do that if i was half way there with sparking.

hated the theory side though to be honest

M

montybaber

It wont be any better now :)

Not sure what just having the qualification would mean to them TBH, im sure they would take experience into account.

I know there is much quicker ways to be seen as competent in the eyes of NIC etc so maybe thats your best option, I dont think its worth all the hard work anymore.

Hope it all goes well :) have got the idea to get out of this country myself at the moment

P

PAUL M

Im basically looking to get a trade to gain entry in to new zealand, saw a £5k plumbers course that takes 10 weeks but thought it would be silly to do that if i was half way there with sparking.

A mate of mine was in the same boat as you 5 years ago as he had left the trade though he was fully qualified and he wanted to go to new zealand,he had to be able to prove he had worked at least 1000 hours as a spark in this country before they would accept him as spark which he did and he says it was the best move he ever made;)

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to re train in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom