Discuss Re-training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wallm0nkey

Well my situation is I'm 23 and I currently work in the building trade as a general builder mostly bricklaying and plastering. I have been thinking about finding an electrical course alot lately as it seems to be a good idea whilst I'm young. I mentioned it to my boss and he has offered to pay for my training I had intended to pay my own way but it was a nice surprise. I don't do any electrical work so I assume any kind of apprenticeship isn't on the cards.
I have read a few threads on here and have a general idea of what I'm looking for. Any advice and tips will be greatly appreciated!
I assume I will have to go for evening classes so what exactly will I have to do and in which order if anyone could help with that?
Any books and information which will be worthwhile me getting hold of will also be appreciated.
Cheers, Niall

Reply to Re-training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Im sure this has been asked a thousand times. I'm 45 and live in n.irleand and am want to start my late journey into becoming an electrician, i...
Replies
Views
So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock