Discuss Reactfast Training Centre - Birmingham in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

knix83

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here has completed, or is in the process of completing, this company's 6 week intensive electrical training course? They are based in Birmingham city centre and the course costs about £4,500, including megger tester and tools.

There are no more than 8 people on each course which sounds good. Once completed you get all the quals needed to be a domestic installer. Any feedback, positive or negative, would be appreciated as it is quite expensive and i don't want to dive in headfirst if its got bad press.

I'm 25 and have no real experience in the trade. I am looking for a new career direction and eventually want to become self-employed.

Thanks in advance.

In a nutshell.

You gain the quals but no onsite experience.

But don't think I'm advising against these courses. I'm not.

Use the search option on this site, search for THREADS started by user: jivah.

He wrote a pretty good article about his own experience.

(Now, please that's quite enough sense from me for one day. Over to you guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look and found the post very informative.

I also fully understand that you need onsite experience after completion of the course. I just wondered if anybody has used this company in particular? Due to having a large mortgage on my back I can't afford to spend years at college so the 'intensive' route seems to be the only way to do it. Unfortunately there isn't a great deal of them around where I live (northamptonshire).

To be honest mate, I think people who have attended/completed these courses, are a minority on here.

You say you have no prior experience 'in the trade'? How about on building sites?

The reason I'm asking, is that 4-6k is quite a lot of money to be shelling out. What if halfway through the course you think, "Don't think this is really for me"?

If you want my opinion, I'd try and get on as a labourer with a firm/contractor to get a feel for it, so to speak. Do that for a while, then if your still happy, look into these courses. Who knows, if your really lucky, maybe your employer would subsidise the cost.

Then again, if, again, you do decide to stick it out, I'd seriously consider the college route. I appreciate you have a mortgage and what not but... Don't rush into anything too soon.

Any particular reason why you wish to become an electrician?

I would suggest you try 2382 or 17th Edition as it is called now see if you can pass that one and see if you like it at all. It is only three days and it will only cost you £290. Exam is one of the easiest one, open book multyple choice. Then take it from there.

Don't try to fly before you can even walk.

Reply to Reactfast Training Centre - Birmingham in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock