Discuss Real or unreal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Buried on single phase max is 78 amps so no I wouldn't be fusing it to 80 amps. However is this a fixed load, one load, variable loads?

You wanted a gut feeling?

The volt drop gut says no. 80amps over 55meters? Nah.
You'd need bigger.
Don't worry about the price, that nice Mr Corbin seems to be prepared to pay for anything.
Thanks,think I would Vote bigger too,it’s political on site @ moment.
[automerge]1575819339[/automerge]
Buried on single phase max is 78 amps so no I wouldn't be fusing it to 80 amps. However is this a fixed load, one load, variable loads?
Variable loads

Thanks,think I would Vote bigger too,it’s political on site @ moment.
[automerge]1575819339[/automerge]

Variable loads
As there's a risk of overload then the cable size needs to be looked at again. At 80 amps design load your over the 5% threshold for volt drop. At a guess this is a distribution circuit and 25mm would be pushing it for volt drop when you take into account end of final circuits.

I'm a cheap skate so would try it with 10mm

But my gut feel is it should be 25mm for 50-60M length
I'm a cheap skate so would try it with 10mm

But my gut feel is it should be 25mm for 50-60M length
Slap in some 10mm2 that's what most people would do in this day and age no regards for the correct method, as long as it works tol the guarantee holds.

Reply to Real or unreal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a domestic installation to rewire and the main incoming fuse is 80 amp so i am using 16mm double insulated tails, is the main earth size...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
I have a small Consumer Unit fed from a 6 amp type B mcb to a 6 amp type B,it only feeds 1 light in a bin store . clearly we have no selectivity...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock