Discuss Reality check xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
'As you know, or maybe not in some cases, I'm retired, 72 had some medical problems, can't physically do what I think I should be able to do, getting old I think it's called, anyway, had a call from a friend I have known since the later stages of my School life, his wife of some 50 years had passed away, an previously to her passing he had had a stroke, a bad one, left him useless on his left hand side.
I went to the service in South Wales a 4 hour trip each way, I didn't realise how it would effect me, as we had lost contact, as you do as you get older, however Friendship, like we had is hard to forget, he was well catered for with family and friends.
Any how I stayed with him over night, watching him struggle with the type of thing able bodied people take for granted, made me think how lucky we are with what we have, despite the whinges about Part P, the 18th etc, we should consider ourselves lucky with our lot. Sorry for the morbid post but it affected me more than I thought it would, any how happy days, looking forward to ELEX in September, banging away at 5wws.

Is this what you people get up to at these exhibitions???
Sounds waaay too kinky for me.... :p I'm pure and innocent...
That should read, and banging away at 5wws, as a different activity as you well know Spoon, so stop being difficult:p:eek::tongue::tongue::bowing:

That should read, and banging away at 5wws, as a different activity as you well know Spoon, so stop being difficult:p:eek::tongue::tongue::bowing:

I'll hang my head in shame and go and stand in the corner for 50 mins...

Make it an hour

1 min for each year of your age. That's what we did with out kids when they were being naughty and we put them in the corner. I'm 50, so 50 mins...

Your friend is lucky to have a caring family and friends (like yourself) hold on to that as a positive.

Some people don't have either.

Hopefully I may see you this time at ELEX. What day are you going?

Your friend is lucky to have a caring family and friends (like yourself) hold on to that as a positive.

Some people don't have either.

Hopefully I may see you this time at ELEX. What day are you going?
The Friday, old bald, and with Camerabloke, I hope all being well

One thing that struck me as odd, well not so much odd, but quite striking was the community spirit. My Mate lived on a brand new estate nice house, nice area, which was what I thought I lived in, all the neighbors rallied round and helped my Pal, shopping. cleaning etc whilst his wife was in hospital before She passed away, my immediate neighbor hasn't spoken to me since he moved in 18 months ago, and the other two houses will only speak when they want something, people mock the Welsh, but the community spirit opened my eyes, seems like the Miners mentality lives on and long may it do so.

One thing that struck me as odd, well not so much odd, but quite striking was the community spirit. My Mate lived on a brand new estate nice house, nice area, which was what I thought I lived in, all the neighbors rallied round and helped my Pal, shopping. cleaning etc whilst his wife was in hospital before She passed away, my immediate neighbor hasn't spoken to me since he moved in 18 months ago, and the other two houses will only speak when they want something, people mock the Welsh, but the community spirit opened my eyes, seems like the Miners mentality lives on and long may it do so.
Its because the same people live in the same area that they where born in, in certain communities.

Reality Check, was invited to a neighbours summer party a week or so ago for this Saturday, received a text message on Friday that it been cancelled as the partners other half was ill, on Saturday and ambulance outside the house, today I spoke to the neighbour and she had died on Sunday......... She was 74 and the cancer had returned and got her.

Reply to Reality check xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net