Discuss Really I am 'now required to register on a competent persons scheme' ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought we DID have to join NICEIC/ECA/Elecsa to meet Part P requirements? If someone can tell me this is rubbish, I will love you long time!

I thought we DID have to join NICEIC/ECA/Elecsa to meet Part P requirements? If someone can tell me this is rubbish, I will love you long time!
The ad says something like "all electricians are now required to register" This is obviously not true, someone like me who's work is mostly commercial with a bit of domestic like for like replacement has no legal requirement to. Similarly with an industrial spark or one who is employed by a business.
If you do notifiable domestic work under your own banner you have a choice, pay an exorbitant fee to LABC to notify or join a scam.

That makes sense, the stupid thing is it was only yesterday I was telling someone I wouldn't bother registering yet as I don't do that much domestic work.

Can you tell it's Friday?

Cheers!

No requirement to join any of them, you can notify direct to your local building control as long as you can prove competance. You dont even have to be qaulified to notify. However it seems there is a huge difference in cost depending which council you come under. Mine only charges £75 which is easily lost in the job price, however the fee is £250 if you are not a qaulified spark. But for a competant Diyer that is still going to be cheaper than paying a spark to do a rewire

Reply to Really I am 'now required to register on a competent persons scheme' ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I did a domestic installers course around 10 years ago (blimey time flies!). This is a level 2 qualification. I then registered with Stroma who...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to start up my own business as a Domestic Installer, however I'm confused as to whether I need to be a member of a CPS scheme or not...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock