Discuss rear lights and dashboard lights out. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bullhuss

Renault laguna 1.9dci 2006 grandtour.

No lights working on dashboard rear lights and licence plate light out. hazards, indicators and fog lights al work fine. Have checked fuses all seem to be ok, any ideas please?

Im guessing get a users manual for a Wiring Layout.

If the Fuse all ok, and other Lights back there are ok, i guess its the line going to the Lights
Isnt there some OBD system you could get to tell you of any faults!

Maybe best to go to a FORUM for this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
And look for another fuse box hidden away.
Not sure on this model , but some have two fuse boxes, and some have fuses hidden away . One Renault has them behind one of the headlights.
Do as Duane says and try the Renault forum, if you do not buy the book

Yes i have two Fuse Boxes in my 206, one with the Motor and one under the steering wheel.
Every thing has OBD now, and was suggested to get one of them readers..

I do own a Hayes Manuals (sucks mostly as talks about Wind down windows!!!) but the electrical maps aint that bad.

Yes i have two Fuse Boxes in my 206, one with the Motor and one under the steering wheel.
Every thing has OBD now, and was suggested to get one of them readers..

I do own a Hayes Manuals (sucks mostly as talks about Wind down windows!!!) but the electrical maps aint that bad.

Thanks both of you for your replies, Have the haynes manual, yes it is a bit on the rubbish side. checked the codes but nothing pointing to electrical failure. Being a Renault I guess that's not an indication unless I use the Renault clip. I did forget to mention that we hit a deer whilst in Cornwall, passenger side for me as it's lhd, so drivers side for you guys. Minimal damage was done as I managed to swerve and it clipped the front end smashing windscreen wiper bottle and busting the housing for the fog lamp. The dash lights went out only when we arrived home, so am wondering if this is something to do with it. Didn't know until last night that the rear lights were out, thankfully a nice Dutch guy chased after us to make us aware of the 'no lights problem'.

sod the car, i'd be eating venison now.

....I did forget to mention that we hit a deer whilst in Cornwall,...
I can let you have a great slow cooked venison stew recipe that I got from my grandmother.

As for the dashboard lights, I'd suggest closer inspection of the area around the accident damage to start with. Most likely a fuse blown if several lights aren't working but there's probably a reason it's blown so check the damage area first to see if any wiring got crushed, cut or otherwise damaged.

I am nearly sure the Clio has fuses under the left hand side headlamp. No idea about yours though to be hones .
But chances are with your accident ; as Marvo alluded to ,there is likely to be wiring damage and fuses blown.

Last edited:
Hi dude,your side lights will be fused separately on each side,so if both are out,it points to a fault upstream. Sometimes there are larger ,single fuses,40A,50A etc,which feed groups of accessories,it is worth checking both these,and for any damage to the loom,in the area of your impact.

...But thanks for laying to rest,an issue of culpability,regarding the identification of Bambis' possible assailant...:freak:

Lmao, thanks chaps, and thank you peg - will check those bigger fuses up front. Glad I joined this forum to give me some 'upstream' humour! Will be pulling the front off this weekend to replace the washer bottle, maybe I'll find the route of this problem then! - Well done renault for your build specs! :-------:

I would check the earths had some weird faults sorted by cleaning earths. make a wanderlead from a good earth and try earthing bulbs (ok lamps as bulbs grow better in earth) Had a pug 206 weird lights on dash when braking or rear lights on was a rear cluster earth

Good point,mykey,that is a handy option,as long as the earthed probe is not shoved in the back of a multi term socket,associated with the ECU or Air-bag system :crazy:

I used the "good earth" wander lead method only the other day,on a friends Jet-boat,where new batteries and a starter,had not guaranteed adequate starting RPM...turned out water ingress,in a small,un-seen section of earth lead,was causing an issue...he's now going ballistic,somewhere in Devon :clap:

Reply to rear lights and dashboard lights out. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock