• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Rear lights wires came out of block in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem with the wiring regarding the back (drivers side) light.

On taking the light cluster out to change a bulb the top of the white plastic box came off and some wires fell out.

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know which position these wires should be put back? I cant find any info on the internet.

If not then unfortunately it will have to be a trip to the garage

Thanks in advance Rear lights wires came out of block IMG_20190224_091845905 - EletriciansForums.net Rear lights wires came out of block IMG_20190224_091845905 - EletriciansForums.net

only way to sort that is to get a voltmeter. by switchin on tail lights/brake lights/indicators. find what wire does what. then dab 12V on each terminal see what lights up. then match wire to lights.
bear in mind that with indicators it will be yes/no... yes/no... yes/no

What does the other side look like? It will have a very similar colour code.

Yeah, then he'll have both sides with wires hanging out:eek:

to the O.P, if you lay the wires back carefully they may fall into their original place, or close to.

Presumably Chineese, Korean or a French car?

must be french... falls to bits at the first sign of the enemy.

Personally I would do as @telectrix suggests. It is not guaranteed that the opposite side will have the same colouring , and as @snowhead , if they also fall fall out you have turned a simple job into a saga.

Reply to Rear lights wires came out of block in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back