Discuss reccomend me some footwear for domestic in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
recently i've been wearing trainers, but i've ran out of old trainers, and i think i'd like some decent work footwear that is comfy and hear wearing, steel toes not really necessary but not fussed.
i'd prefer to be able to slip them on and off, so boots would be out of the question. from that criteria, can anybody reccomend me anything

"SWAT Original boots", they zip up but also have laces, comfortable as you like. Google it...

funnily enough i have had both swat and lowa boots, the swat ones lasted about 18 months and then were dead, and i still have the lowas but the soles wore out and are almost completely slick, they lasted for about 4 years of daily use though and apart from the soles, they are still in good condition. but to be honest i think i;ve spent far too much time in boots so far, and for domestic use they are a bit much!

You can buy safety trainers from say Arco or Screwfix for about £30, I don't think you would find slip on safety shoes.
But if you just want slip on shoes then just go for suede slip on shoes with the trainer soles, I wear these all the time (except for work!), but you need to get good soles or they just give way after a few months.

well they don't have to be slip on, what i mean is if the were boots, couldn't slip them on and off, but if they were trainer based (not high ankles) then could lace them up lose and then slip them on/off like i do with my trainers if you know what i mean. i can find alot of stuff on ebay and screwfix etc, but just unsure of the quality of it. suppose theres one way to find out!

From the title of thread reccomend me some footwear for domestic suggest you try high heel stilettos and a satin maids outfit. :jester:

Attachments

• reccomend me some footwear for domestic Maid - EletriciansForums.net
    Maid.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fond of the dewalt boots, bought some from screwfix for 40 notes for work, and was so fond of them I bought a second set for college. Far more comfortable than my trainers, bar work shoes, or heels (the missus' obviously??).

I've got some scruffs safety trainers, I find them quite comfy, and seem fairly hard waring, You Just have to cope with having to explain to any strict site managers that they are safety.

I've always been a fan of decent boots rather than shoes.
Cant get past the lack of ankle support it trainers.
However I'm well aware the A&E isn't full of sparkies with broken ankles :)
Just a personal thing.
I like dewalt and dickies work boots.
The steel sole plates have done me proud on more than one occasion.
Yes I know I should look where I'm putting my feet :)

Sports direct for me. I get the low rise waterproof karrimors for about 25 to 30 quid. Nice and comfy but rugged enough to last me 18 to 24 months usually.

I've got a pair of scruffs lightning 2 trainers relly light and comfortable, however work are a bit funny like us to wear black so I got in bother for wearing them, they supply us with black boots but they are awful! I noticed screwfix are doing some black sterling steel worksite trainers £39... Although I much prefer another members comment on here about Nike air

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sterling look very similar to the ones i had (marksman) but if you look on ebay, the sterling, marksman and worksite brands look to be identical. and if they are anything like the marksman ones then they will have wooden soles.
on this subject of comfy work wear, alot of people say "i wear --- brand, they are just as comfy as trainers" well how about just buy trainers, they are, just as comfy as trainers!

Couple of the lads at work had sterling boots, they didn't rate them and didn't last overly well either

Reply to reccomend me some footwear for domestic in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock