Discuss Recessed Lights In Brick Paving ... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i would like all connections at the fittings and no boxes anywhere , the lights do say ip67 which should handle water but im sure your guys experience tells diff story.... im thinking 4 inches of pebbles before sand below lights for little drainage and maybe silicone light and mounting sleeve so hole doesnt fill up as someone suggests
Hi I=p/u.

The method that works best for me with this type of install is to run a strong tube, maybe water pipe from each light position back to a central point.

When the paving is laid and the holes cut, buy fittings with 1 gland that allow you to replace the cable with another of the required length.

Pull your cable in, fit the lights, take the tubes into an adaptable box with suitable IP rating, fit your transformer or whatever, job done. ( always leave a loop of cable under the fitting or in the box so you can pull the fittings out without having to disconnect.

This way you don't have to worry about underground joints, each fitting can be directly rewired if required, and you won't get many breakdowns.

i would like all connections at the fittings and no boxes anywhere , the lights do say ip67 which should handle water but im sure your guys experience tells diff story.... im thinking 4 inches of pebbles before sand below lights for little drainage and maybe silicone light and mounting sleeve so hole doesnt fill up as someone suggests

I have installed the type of light you are going to use and they are ideal for the purpose. In my post above - the adaptable box I mentioned, I fit above ground, on the nearest wall etc.

yh she wants no boxes on walls, she a customer who hates seeing cables... im going to ring ansell lighting at 9 oclock to ask if their glands are rated at 1p67 whicj they dont look to be .... but maybe they are lol

I would strongly recommend led as halogens will keep blowing and you will be changing them constantly

I would say this is a must, more so if they have young kids. try standing on one with bare feet. you won't be there long before you scream.
A woman had these fitted all round her dinning room floor and her kid stood on one and their skin stuck to the glass.

Reply to Recessed Lights In Brick Paving ... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock