Discuss Recessed stair lights ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got new build coming up where they're wanting some low level wall lights for the staircases.

Walls are : Concrete block + dot/dab finish.

Not done any of these yet that have ever been an easy install ! 😫

Doing some Astro ones on job right now complete ballache with no thought for the installer (client supplied) !
Astro Lighting - https://www.astrolighting.com/products/1212007-borgo-trimless-35-led

Question is any recommendations please ??

Ideally something round so dont have to worry too much about final 'squaring up' and decent make so lasts.... same standard as astro 😉

Thanks Sy

dot & dab makes cabling easy. an idea would be a kit of, say. 10 LEDs, pre-wired, like you'd use for plinth lights. switching could be PIR or remote. e.g. quinetic.

Been a good few years since I have done any stair lighting but we used to fit led lights which came supplied with a square galv back box , so you would chop in the box ( like you would a single back box ) and wire it all during 1st fix. Then simply come back and mount the lights during 2nd fixx.
They also did a round version as well with a round tube instead of a box.

A bit like this...

I have used these for stair lighting and similar for mood lighting , they are very shallow compared to the market.

Reply to Recessed stair lights ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I need help to find an outdoor wall/step light. It needs to be surface mount but not wider then 70mm as they're to be mounted on the posts...
Replies
Views
Hi, I installed 6 recessed lights in my living room. I’m now up to the wiring part of the project. There is an outlet in the room that is...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my electrician has...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock