Discuss Rechargeable, 3.6/7V Li-ions not working in roller-blind garage door sensor - why? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tommygunn

-
DIY
Reaction score
Just got some Fenix 3.6V(and also tried some old Trustfire 3.7V's) instead of the installed, disposable Li-ion cells, thinking that they would work just as well in my parent's Crocodile garage door sensor.
Both brands of rechargeable cells will only allow the door to partially open, about 10-20cm, when the remote is activated and then it comes to a halt. This results in the door being unresponsive to the remote with warning beeps and light being emitted from the main wall mounted panel.

Anyone know why re-chargeable Li-ions, on the face of it, don't seem to want to work in the door sensor?

Cheers,
Tom.

Don't quote me, but I think the Fenix and Trustfire have discharge protection built in, if during operation the voltage drops sufficiently to trigger the safe guard they would switch off and not recover for some time, suggest you look at the original cells and buy the same brand and type.

Do the regular batteries work it properly? if not the sensor may have been dislodged etc. during battery changing or it has some other fault or requires setting up again.

The sensors are only there to check on the temperature, you can't dislodge the balance circuit, the main problem is the balance of the cells which is done internally with the cells mentioned in the first post, the problem with these items is the non balance of the cells when charging, they put a cheap balance circuit in the unit and do not monitor it correctly to ensure equal charging, hence one cell switches itself off before the other and the whole thing stops working.

Reply to Rechargeable, 3.6/7V Li-ions not working in roller-blind garage door sensor - why? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock