Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Recommend me a small CU with DP MCBs / RCBOs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I need to go shopping in the morning for a small metal CU, about 5 outgoing circuits, but they have to be fitted with DP OCPD including some C-type. One overall RCD is OK but if I can get suitable RCBOs that is a possible. It's so rare that I fit a small single-phase board, I've no idea which brands are likely to have a selection of DP components in stock at normal wholesalers (Eddies & WF round the corner for prefs).

FWIW it would have been easy to get in Estonia but I've popped back to London and didn't think to bring with me.

TIA

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

mattg4321

-
Arms
Esteemed
Good luck getting any DP MCB's/RCBO's off the shelf!

Best bet might be a Wylex RCBO board. I think they are single pole switched neutral if that's any good.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
SBS trade sales do DP compact RCBOs but are mail order only. Not sure on your timescale.
I think Wylex also do a DP RCBO range but I don't use them myself.

Schneider acti 9 would be a good bet as they do a huge range but maybe not off the shelf.

B

Bobster

+1 for SBS sales, from the photos and reviews from members it's good stuff.

Handy also as they are the same form size as a standard MCB.

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK I'll bear them in mind, but in theory I need to be fitting it in the morning...

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
I think cef own brand MCG are DP rcbos...pretty cheap and generally in stock

Lucien Nunes

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, that looks like the stuff to have, especially because they have C-curve RCBOs with A-type residual tripping, which ideal for the large SMPSUs running on a couple of the circuits. But I really want to install in the next 36 hours before I return to Estonia. I might throw something together for now, then get the SBS stuff sent with it to Italy (it's on wheels) where I will be meeting it, and swap the board out in downtime.

Thanks for the recommendations, I think you've cracked it. If I had known to ask the question a few days ago, could have done it in one hit.

marconi

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Maybe a daft idea but what about this Proteus 3 phase CU 're-purposed to SP? You can buy a combined rcd cum disconnector main switch for it too.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Recommend me a small CU with DP MCBs / RCBOs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom