Discuss recommend me multimeter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
on the lookout for a multimeter, just getting into the trade building up my toolkit etc, need the specifics now for being a sparky.

i know its a case of get the best you can afford etc but would like to know what you pro guys use or recommend, ie FLUKE, KEWTECH etc

Hi pbarrett

I have a Fluke meter for general use and am very happy with it.

Like all the tools you will get it becomes very personal and you get used to it. The only advice I would give is get yourself a meter made by a reputable manufacturer and one that you feel comfortable with (you'll understand when you start looking at the different ones).

I cannot remember if it was Cirrus or Wayne, on another thread, but one of them recommended getting a voltage indicator/continuity tester. If you have enough cash left after you get your meter I too would recommend getting one of these.

cheers tony, ive looked about and have to say as with any tools i buy the best i can afford and ones that have manufacturer backup if they need repair as you never know.
im pretty settled on a fluke as they even look like they mean business, and seem to be worth the outlay.

Get yourself a Fluke T5. That's the standard basic meter most guys use, and it doesn't cost very much money.

i had one of these issued to me once ,it worked ok ,but,the resistance scale and mv scale were limited and i dont think it had fused probes,which i think it needs to conform to the relevent bs standards,i might be wrong tho:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself after using lots of different equipment over the years I always buy Fluke (personally I 'get on' with Fluke gear).

If its a voltage/continuity tester your after the t5-1000 is what I use and I use the ammeter a lot which is a handy feature

If you want a Multimeter I use a fluke 73, it is a great bit of kit and has been my most used tool for a long time (then I fault find on control systems etc a lot so maybe you wont need one if just domestic)

If its a multi-function tester your after then again Fluke is my recommendation the 1650 range is excellent and I personally use the 1651 (because im cheap :))

Reply to recommend me multimeter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock