Discuss recommendation on a tester please in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

leekemp85

I am going self employed so I will be buying a tester soon can anyone recommend one. At the company I worked for I had a megger 1552 it was a great piece of kit and I think i will get one.
But I would appreciate you views on different testers on the market

many thanks

1552 is the way ahead! Bomb,Van,Apprentice proof, Easy read I was given one but if i had to would be get one myself

Its all down to personal pref if you have used the 1552 and like it get one ! as if you dont and go by what another person may feel better your only regret it if you wanted the megger.
I do like the megger although i have a kewtech multifunction also alto and socket & see separates all to do with what fits best for your needs etc personally id go for a megger and separates as if one breaks you can still work and saves going to buy a new tester right away or could get a good deal on 2 1552's.
Regards
Kung.

Last edited by a moderator:
what would be a good price for a megger 1552 I have been quoted 550+vat

also has anyone used a 1553 with the bluetooth. dose the extra price save alot more time. and is the bluetooth software easy to use

Last edited by a moderator:
If your good at bagaining you should get one for around £400 but if not you should still get a good deal from a local wholesalers onece they know your going self employed and have been offered loads of work and your looking for a good regular supplier ive got loads of bargains in the past this way.

MFT 1552 is a great tester, i used to be a test engineer and have used loads and the 1552 is right up there. ther only problem is the leads only last a few months and will cost around £30 for a new set.

ian

Can you still get them Jason? Anyway the Megger/Avo ones are better.

Yes they are still available but they are now built under licence to Kew Tech.

I have megger separates as well and they are great, however, the loop test takes FOREVER on no trip.

So, for now, im sticking to the Robin's, but when they need replacing i might go for a multifunction, which will probably be 1553.

Like the thought of the bluetooth:D

I do find the no trip function on the 1552 takes ages to work so may be same as 1553not sure may get comments

As for Blootooth i have shinny white ones :p

Hi guys, i see a lot of you seem to like the megger 1552/1553, but how about for ease of use for first time user of a tester, Please help as dont want to spend that much money and not be happy!!:confused:
Thanks
Justin

Reply to recommendation on a tester please in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock