Discuss Recommendations for DVR in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Beeg

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m after a bit of advice on 4 channel CCTV DVRs. I’ve got a Comelit system at the moment; the cameras are great but the DVR can be a bit unreliable, the app is absolutely shocking.

I’m not looking to spend a fortune but don’t want a bargain basement unbranded DVR, what would people recommend please? I’ve heard Swann are reasonable but don’t actually know anyone that’s got one.

Thanks in advance

Beeg

Hikvision. Not overally expensive, easy to set up and app is good. On the other hand uniview is decent also but maybe more expensive

Thanks Matthew and Phil. I recently had a new hard drive for the Comelit DVR, would it be possible to use this in a Hikvision DVR as I notice a lot of them can be bought without the HDD?

Thanks again

Generally hard drives are universal but youd need to check just to be sure. I would say it probably will be compatible and you can buy hik without hard drive, cheaper also.

what i can't get my head around is all the gumpf with cctv. IP, CVI.,AHD, CBVS, etc. and why my test monitor shows no image with some of these cameras.

that's whati think, but all these letters and numbers confuse me. what does tvi mean?
It's just a type of hd signal over coax a bit like AHD, but our test monitor in work would never show pictures from anything other than old analogue cameras, and we struggled to source any sort of adaptors for it

I know I’m a bit late but thanks everybody for your advice :)

So what make did you buy in the end?
Did your old hard drive work on it?

Reply to Recommendations for DVR in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net