Discuss Recommendations for metal cable fixings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I am planning a job in Bath for an EV Charger on a Grade 1 listed building.
Have a long cable run at height, planning dept have raised issues with cable cleats! feel they are a bit chunky and would prefer something with a less chunky profile!! given they are nearly 2 and half stories up from ground nobody is going to notice! but the planning guy is a pedantic so and so.
Have also stipulated that cable and fixings must be painted on completion to blend in with Bath stone.
Owing to the length of cable run I will be using H07RNF - lighter and easier to work with up the scaffolding than SWA. Customer doesn't mind cost.
Only low profile option I can think of is metal cable ties and bases. base screwed to wall then tie cable. paint on completion.
If I used metal buckle clips then they are a bit fiddly to work with on larger cables.
Any other suggestions?

More interested on how your going to paint the H07RNF?
Once its on the wall the customer is going to paint it, hes a funny guy. extremely intelligent and wealthy but wants me to do electrics then as he likes to dabble in a bit of watercolor and oil painting in his spare time has decided he wants to paint it himself.
He will have scaffolding up to get up so no problem for him.
council have specified the paint type, make and colour as part of palnning
[automerge]1578155709[/automerge]
Have you considered hituff/NYYJ cable as an alternative to H07RNF?
Considered a lot of options for the cable but due to several awkward spots in routing cable behind or around things opted for H07 due to its more pliable qualities. SWA would have been a right ball ache even if cheaper.

I'm not aware of any paint, that would adhere to rubber, over time at least?

Edit; I've just googled, and see you can. But I'm not convinced.

You could also check out the Linian Fire Clips... drill the right size hole, put onto the cable and push into the hole and they are done. Come in a variety of sizes and colours.

2nd for the Linian. pricey but time saving.

I'm surprised the planners didn't go with black conduit. Make it look like drain pipes, there are loads of them on those grade 1 buildings. Even Jane Austin centre and Great Pulteney Street.

I would also go for linian think the ones you need for swa are called "Linian super clips" the cost will probably be saved in labour.

Reply to Recommendations for metal cable fixings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock