• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Recommendations for traditional CCTV under £200 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulcraft Electric

Active EF Member
Hi,

A customer is looking for a traditional CCTV system with a purchase price between £100-200. Ideally 1/2 cameras (720/1080) with associated PVR.

It's a total minefield at this price point...

Any thoughts?

Bob Geldoff1234

Somewhere,somehow,someone's going to pay
I have the wireless ones from Amazon like this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SV3C-Surveillance-Construction-withstand-Detection/dp/B073GSSGWB/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1550528223&sr=8-7&keywords=cctv+camera+wireless+outdoor

You put an sd card into the camera itself and you use your smart phone or tablet to access the feed.You can also watch back the recordings from the sd card.If you want a 1080p movable one then i suggest this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLOUREON-Wireless-Waterproof-Auto-Focus-Detection/dp/B074YZGGFN/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1550528399&sr=8-8&keywords=cctv+camera+dome+wireless+outdoor

Again it takes an sd card.The beauty of these cameras are that you only have to drill through the wall and plug it into a socket.The camera connects wirelessly to your router so no cable runs.
The picture quality on the two cameras above is fantastic.
Highly recommended.

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
I fitted one of these before christmas for a elderly guy, the app works alright too and can add extra cameras if needed. literally take out the box and plug it together. nothing fancy but does the job.
Just need a monitor to go with it.
ZOSI 2 CCTV Camera Kit 8CH 1080N DVR 720P Home Outdoor Surveillance Video System 6971627214085 | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOSI-2-CCTV-Camera-Kit-8CH-1080N-DVR-720P-Home-Outdoor-Surveillance-Video-System/161952058924?epid=9029185563&hash=item25b5184e2c:g:vagAAOSw8StbILHj:rk:3:pf:0

DPG

Respected Member
Electrician's Arms
DIY
The ebay ones are hit and miss. But, I installed one in my house though last year (to upgrade my existing years-old one) and it is very good. Software better than most cheap ones (some of the cheap ones have very buggy software), and also the quality is excellent.

Price was just over £40 inc p&p, although this didn't have a hard drive, as I re-used my existing one.

DPG

Respected Member
Electrician's Arms
DIY
The brand was Fleureon, and they even supply contact details for support.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.