Discuss Recommendations please - rechargeable work light in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Got a CU to change in a couple of weeks and there is no natural light!

So I'm looking for recommendations for rechargeable work lights ............. preferably from personal experience

Thanks

I got this jobby from Screwfix a couple of months ago.
Diall LED Rechargeable LED Work Light 10W 12 / 240V | Portable Lighting | NoLinkingToThis - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/diall-led-rechargeable-led-work-light-10w-12-240v/2587k
So far its been spot on, two brightnesses, pretty fast charging, and on the lower brightness of which is good enough, lasts most of the day.

The dial one is good apart from the attachment which holds it to the base, it has a charge monitor on the side so you don't get plunged into darkness, I have two so if one suddenly goes I have a backup.

What Steve said , a good light for not much money. I also like these for everyday work
LEDlenser E41 LED Headlamp 3 x AAA - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ledlenser-e41-led-headlamp-3-x-aaa/5584p
At that price it's a bargain, and you can have one in your bag, another one in the car/van, and buy the wife and kids one each for their vehicles...and the battery life is surprisingly good. I wouldn't spend £££££s on expensive ones, they simply aren't worth the extra, unless you are working underwater!

I have an old Petzl which has 2 bulbs, zoom function, waterproof...it's heavy, it eats batteries, and is frankly too old technology...but it cost £70! 10 years ago.
Conversely, a good quality torch is essential, and I have a LED Lenser that was ridiculously expensive but is the Rolls Royce as far as I am concerned...unbreakable and very powerful.

I have the same Screwfix one as per above. Over the last year or so it has been replaced twice due to the switch going. The one I have now was fully charged and switched on when it decided to just switch off when I was in a loft (which was nice!). I still have it though and for the price it is good enough.
I also have an Elwis one that Screwfix sell. It is very handy for two reasons; it has a hook which has proved utterly invaluable. And you can hold the button and dim it to the light you need, which if down low means the battery lasts well. I would say the battery is on par with the cheap Diall light.

I use a LED worklight that fits my tool batteries and a head torch, which works great for in cupboards on board swaps.
I would like a decent rechargeable area worklight though.

I've had the Bosch 18v worklight for years that came with my cordless drill, works great but I never use it because it's just too bulky especially with the battery attached.

For everyday use I have a small rechargeable worklight that also has a smaller torch on the end, it's just really convenient. It takes about an hour to charge on any micro USB charger and it runs for about 4 hours. It's very bright for its size, has a good strong magnet in the clip and it was really cheap (equiv of about 4 UK quid).
LED-COB-Work-Light-Rechargeable-USB-.jpg

For bigger jobs where I'm going to be stood in front of a panel for a few hours I have a couple of rechargable floodlights. They're a bit bulkier and less portable but they work well. Also about an hour to charge and they last for about 6 hours. I have a couple of 10watt and a couple of 30watt, they're rediculously bright and you go blind for several minutes if you're stupid enough to look directly into them.

43486546-1-zoom.jpg

For bigger jobs where I'm going to be stood in front of a panel for a few hours I have a couple of rechargable floodlights. They're a bit bulkier and less portable but they work well. Also about an hour to charge and they last for about 6 hours. I have a couple of 10watt and a couple of 30watt, they're rediculously bright and you go blind for several minutes if you're stupid enough to look directly into them.

View attachment 41306
got similar.dual setttings. 10watt and 20 watt. forbigger ,longer jobs, this.
C4FF165F-1E9F-49A8-892D-07DCC8B53C8E-medium.jpg
gets a bit hot though.

I use a LED worklight that fits my tool batteries and a head torch, which works great for in cupboards on board swaps.
I would like a decent rechargeable area worklight though.

Defo get one Andy. I rarely ever use my headtorch anymore. For a CU change in an area that would be dark they are invaluable. Still use my lenser hand torch as well. With the Diall one I have stripped it down to the bare unit with just the handle, which means it fits really snugly in my tote.

Generally I think the Diall Elwis and the one like Marvos are a fair bit brighter than the typical Makita/Bosch/etc etc ones..

Never noticed mine getting hot Tel but I'll check next time I use one. Is it the front glass that gets hot on yours or the battery compartment? Mine don't have dual settings or a fancy telescopic stand like yours :(

no.the one i have like your pic is LED AND DON'T GET HOT. THE TRIPOD ONE IS 2 X 500WATT HALOGEN. THAT'S THE HOT ONE.

Yeah, I've still got a halogen type somewhere as well but haven't used it in years. Those things were a fire hazard and I had one explode one time when it got wet....

Yeah, I've still got a halogen type somewhere as well but haven't used it in years. Those things were a fire hazard and I had one explode one time when it got wet....
serves you right for pi$$ing on it to cool it.

Faithfull Magnetic Rechargeable Work Light 10W 800 Lumen FPPSLFF10WR XMS17WLIGHT | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/132340567277?chn=ps&adgroupid=53506530233&rlsatarget=pla-414296420581&abcId=1133926&adtype=pla&merchantid=7394664&poi=&googleloc=1006567&device=c&campaignid=1058609970&crdt=0
I found this really good so far. It also has a usb port so you could charge your phone from it as well. Also has magnet for those times it is useful. I have tried quite a few LED lights/torches they all seem to be afflicted with flickering and going off for no known reason. This has not done that yet. Two light settings as well. So far so good.

Reply to Recommendations please - rechargeable work light in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net