Discuss Recording Ix1 & Ix5 on test certs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DownToEarth

If for example all circuits in your DB are protected by the 80A & 63A Rcd's. Do you have to have ms dis con readings for all circuits? Or just record and log readings for the socket outlet circuits.
Having taken a look at some EasyCert demo sheets it looks a bit hit & miss. :confused:

Now I am as much puzzled by this question as the pfc question in the other thread I just read

Can you forget the easy cert demo, and expand on the second part of your question ?

I read the thread title and get what your saying now

For a given rcd the x1 and x5 readings are a characteristic of that rcd, it is the same reading for all circuits supplied by it
The boxes are then filled in with the repetetive figures for each rcd for the circuits protected by that rcd

Last edited:
I'm glad it's not just me tonight then!!

I think what he's getting at is do you put the RCD trip times for all circuits, or just the sockets. If the RCD protects all circuits, then the times that the RCD trips on all circuits will be put in the relevant box on the test sheet for all the circuits that are protected by it...

Reply to Recording Ix1 & Ix5 on test certs? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi testing a theatre. Took over job 4 years ago as test certs had run out. Did a full test every circuit in first year and now test 1/3 of all db...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock