Discuss Reduced low voltage? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
3. An a.c. voltage of 90V between conductors is classified as

a. extra-low voltage
b. low voltage
c. safety extra-low voltage
d. reduced low voltage

Why cant this voltage fall into the category reduced low voltage, defined as a voltage the doesn't exceed 110v (the answer however is low.)

The question only states the voltage between conductors with no reference of the potential to earth thus you can only point toward low voltage.

Reduced Low Voltage is 55V to Earth for single phase systems or 63.5V to Earth for three-phase systems, with 110V between phases. (There is no neutral on the secondary side in an RLV system.)

Reply to Reduced low voltage? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
We have a meter EDMI - ES30B fitted to our property. I understand from the fact sheet for the smart meter...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
Not wanting to derail the Dodgy work pictures thread but a comment was made that a fire alarm FP200 shouldn't be in trunking with 230V band 2...
Replies
Views
If one of your coworkers suffers a severe electric shock, your first instinct will most likely be to rush to their rescue. But first, pause and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock