Discuss Refresher course wanted in Gloucestershire / Monmouthshire in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CraigS

Hi all,
As this is my very frst post, i'd like to say a big Hello to all and everyone, spent a couple of hours reading many posts and it makes for an interesting read I must say...

I am looking to get a permanent job as an Electrician, and being "out of the game" I'm looking to get upto speed as it were. The grades of being an electrician have always confused me, and i'm still no wiser now!

I am 31, and have the current qualifications on my JIB card:

Front - JIB Grade Electrician
Rear - NVQ Level 3, I.E.E. Wiring Regs 16th Edition

I remember doing the AM1 & AM2, and also passing a Insp & Test exam (this is definitely the weakest part of my game - it was 10 years ago! - and haven't done ANY testing since)

I took the H&S test to "renew" my card 12 months ago, so that's all good and despite the fact i'm qualified, I wouldn't feel confident going out to do my own work so wouldn't put that onus on a company I will (hopefully) end up being employed by.

I would like to spend a couple of years employed, with the view of going it alone as a man and a van servicing the local area....So would need to have that experience and the correct qualifications by then.

Any help / input would be greatly appreciated.....as would any advice on which courses to attend locally.

Thanks all,

Craig

Craig welcome!

Do your qualifications include any of the C&G2360 courses?

Can only assume that you would have done these courses if you had also completed the Inspection and Test course?

The Regulations could probably be updated from the C&G2381 16th Edition to the C&G2382 17th Edition doing a short course.

But I think you would need to dig out your origional certs to know exactly where you stand as courses have changed for example the C&G2360 course isn't taught anymore, we now have the 17th Edition and fixed wiring colours have changed.

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig welcome!

Do your qualifications include any of the C&G2360 courses?

Can only assume that you would have done these courses if you had also completed the Inspection and Test course?

The Regulations could probably be updated from the C&G2381 16th Edition to the C&G2382 17th Edition doing a short course.

But I think you would need to dig out your origional certs to know exactly where you stand as courses have changed for example the C&G2360 course isn't taught anymore, we now have the 17th Edition and fixed wiring colours have changed.

Warren

Hi Warren,
Thanks for the reply. I'll dig them out as i saw them the other week down my unit....!
I'm sure most people would just jump in and b'****e a job but i'm not that person...
I am aware of wiring changes as last year I was rewiring council properties so amn not "that" out of touch, just like to get upto 17th and do a testing course so i'm VERY confident with a tester!

Thanks again,

Craig

Reply to Refresher course wanted in Gloucestershire / Monmouthshire in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net