Discuss Regarding my heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have set my heating to come on twice a day but for some reason it doesn't come on when I've set it to now the last set time had passed and the heating should be off why is it just decided to come on even though the timer isn't on I'm confused also how do I set my thermostat to 15 if I turn it to 20 it clicks but doesn't click at 15 why can't I adjust it or can I if so how

You and my Mrs have a identical confused state concerning the function of a room thermostat
The clicking is heard when the room is colder than the setting you are making,its a contact clicking to tell the boiler to get some heat in the pipes

Best ignore the clicking and rely on the stat to function as it should,if you make any setting,it will instruct the boiler to either heat the pipes to make the room warmer,or not to heat the pipes to let the room cool down to your setting

If you turn the stat right down,the heating will probably remain off permenantly

You and my Mrs have a identical confused state concerning the function of a room thermostat
The clicking is heard when the room is colder than the setting you are making,its a contact clicking to tell the boiler to get some heat in the pipes

Best ignore the clicking and rely on the stat to function as it should,if you make any setting,it will instruct the boiler to either heat the pipes to make the room warmer,or not to heat the pipes to let the room cool down to your setting

If you turn the stat right down,the heating will probably remain off permenantly
Hi des
Thanks for responding to my post so regarding my radiators then during the on and off time are they suppose to get hot then cool down then heat up again is that so it maintains the temp set on the thermostat

If it's clicking at 20 then that suggests your room temperature is around 20. If you've set your thermostat to 15 I'm not surprised your heating hasn't come on cos outside temperature certainly during the day at the moment is still quite high. Try whacking the thermostat to max and them check if your timer is working?

Apologies for first post:) but we do not know what type of heating this is,or even if there are radiators...a brief mention of set-up,would help with assistance.

Reply to Regarding my heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net