Discuss Registration fees with Stroma!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

considering that gas safe is £365 for 1st application and then £155/year ( all + VAT ), shows what a con our scams are.

I do find it bizarre that we have to be "validated" every year, yet Gas safe guys get checked every 5 years (or so I'm told). Then we get told that gas is much more DANGEROUS!!!
Someone explain to me how THAT works???

I do find it bizarre that we have to be "validated" every year, yet Gas safe guys get checked every 5 years (or so I'm told). Then we get told that gas is much more DANGEROUS!!!
Someone explain to me how THAT works???

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ all the way to the bank!

4 schemes
4 CEO's
4 lots of advertising
4 lots of HR
4 lots of accountants
4 x the pensions

Fewer notifications
Fewer members
Less income

My crystal ball tells me the fees will continue rising.

If everybody co-ordinated and just said no? Oh sorry, that would be a union wouldn't it.

Part P registered guys get "assessed" every year, pay a fortune in fees, get moaned at if we charge for call-outs and the general public doesn't have a clue what part P even is...
Gas safe guys get "assessed" less often, pay less fees, and the public are all aware that gas installers must be registered, and as a result the public don't quibble over a £90 call-out fee as they are "gas safe", and safety is paramount...

Something doesn't seem right here....

and there was my part p assessor standing there in my house....telling me how it was all working fine...

lucky i needed him to assess...otherwise i would`v thrown him into the street...

I rang Stroma and they have said the annual fee is indeed £240 + VAT but they have charged me an additional £240 + VAT because I live in Stroud and they would have to travel 3 hours to get to me and stay over night in a hotel!!

I explained politely I would not be paying for them to stay in a hotel and would join another scheme unless they brought the price down to the advertised £240 + VAT.

They said they would think about it and get back to me! I rang the other schemes and they all said they would not charge for a hotel!!!!

If they're a national scheme provider then they're taking a fat chance trying to charge different rates for different areas, it might not even be legal.

I rang Stroma and they have said the annual fee is indeed £240 + VAT but they have charged me an additional £240 + VAT because I live in Stroud and they would have to travel 3 hours to get to me and stay over night in a hotel!!

I explained politely I would not be paying for them to stay in a hotel and would join another scheme unless they brought the price down to the advertised £240 + VAT.

They said they would think about it and get back to me! I rang the other schemes and they all said they would not charge for a hotel!!!!

The guy that assessed me a few months ago travelled nearly 3 hours, as the local guy was on holiday. No need for a hotel with a 6 hour round trip!

To be honest I shall wait for their reply before I act as I'm interested in what they will say, but I will not be renewing with even if they bring the price down to that advertised as I'm annoyed they tried to charge me £288 for a hotel. I would have happily lent them a tent!

As you said Richard it clearly says £240 and nothing about hotel costs!

I'm a little bit cross, but also quite looking forward to (politely) explaining were they can stick it!!! Sorry for lowering the tone, not my usual way, but really am a bit annoyed with them.

Reply to Registration fees with Stroma!!!!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock