Discuss Regs book at office in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at some work for a lady who has recently had a new fitted kitchen.
She was concerned about some bits so I had a quick look and found a 3.5KW oven on 1.5mm T&E to a 13A plug top.
Can anyone tell me the reg numbers for loads over 3KW needing thier own circuit, not using T&E into a plug top and for following manufacturers instuctions (and any others that may be wrong).
Thank you.

Cooking loads over 2kW should not be supplied from a ring according to a note in appendix 15, T&E is advised in the ISITEE guidelines as being unsuitable for a use in a plug becauce the cable is not designed for frequent movement. 134.1.1 and 510.3 "shall take account of manufacturers instructions".
Cable is suitable for the load.

Not to mention twin and earth into a plug top is proper badgers....

I have seen an entire brand new block of flats where all the fitted ovens were installed by the kitchen company on 1mm twin and earth via a plug top into a 13a socket directly behind the oven (no isolation switch) fed from a 40a radial in the board

Nice work fellas

Cooking loads over 2kW should not be supplied from a ring according to a note in appendix 15, T&E is advised in the ISITEE guidelines as being unsuitable for a use in a plug becauce the cable is not designed for frequent movement. 134.1.1 and 510.3 "shall take account of manufacturers instructions".
Cable is suitable for the load.
Thank you

Not to mention twin and earth into a plug top is proper badgers....

I have seen an entire brand new block of flats where all the fitted ovens were installed by the kitchen company on 1mm twin and earth via a plug top into a 13a socket directly behind the oven (no isolation switch) fed from a 40a radial in the board

Nice work fellas

They are plugs NOT plug tops which are the covers for the plugs.

Reply to Regs book at office in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock