Discuss Regs in the EU in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robert

I am looking for a course that will enable me to understand the requirments for installations in the EU, specifically france, spain, and Belgium. although Norway would be good also. If any one has any knowledge of a course or company that runs such a course, could you let me know. Cheers

hi robert

im not aware of such a course being available, nor do i see any need for you to do one, as far as im aware the new changes in the 17th edition brought us up to date and in line with western europe. so in theory your 17th edition should cover you. also i have worked in norway and holland sum of which was doing shop fits and i can tell you that there standard of work is much lower than ours so if you have plenty of experience you shouldnt have a problem. as for france or spain i would definitly expect you need to know the lingo. only problem i think you would have is signing of your work certs. and the sh1te rates of pay. try some agencys they sometimes work abroad but the work is not there at the minute.

hope that helps

Hi, thanks for your reply, yep there standards are way below ours, but there do seem to be a few odd balls thrown in, it would appear I am not allowed to touch there consumer units (in spain) and there for have to conect my equipment which goes through a UPS set up into a junction box from the isolator, and then the electrician when he finnishes being lazy will come in and run the supply.
So an understanding of how they work and who can and can not do what is what I need to clarify.

there is a web site that should be able to give you more info on this. unfortuanetly im not sure of it but if you type in to google 'british ex pats' it should come up. electricians have posted stuff on here about working in spain, france etc

Reply to Regs in the EU in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net