Discuss Regs number Rq'd + 2330 question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bobby101

Hi all i am trying to complete a report and i am unsure where to find the regulation Number that reflects the problem of having a diffrent type of mcb in a DB the only one i think complies is 410.3.8 but this doesnt reflect the issue any ideas

my second question is this my work is requsting that i have the 2330 qualification...what the heck is this qualification im already a 17th edition qualified with the 2391 doing testing why would i require this any ideas...

No regulation covering a different OCPD in a DB as long as it doesn't impair the IP rating of the equipment. Although manufacturers instructions may say only to use certain OCPDs in their equipment.

As for your qualifications that is for you employer too decide what you need, be best asking him about it. Here is a link to what they are asking you to get. City and Guilds 2330 Qualification Information

manufacturers stipulate that only their own breakers are used in their boards. it's not a reg. as such, but if the CU were to catch fire with a non-manufacturers MCB fitted, then they will wriggle out of paying out. almost like insurance companies. any excuse to get out of paying.

421.1.1 states that for fire prevention due to the heat build up from electrical equipment you should also follow the manufactures instructions.
The manufacturer states you should only use their equipment in their CUs and I am sure it is only for safety!
Beema bumpf (no regs) View attachment 14203

It is purely and simply so that they make money if you use their bits. A BS60898 mcb meets the appropriate british standard, and so long as it fits properly you can use it irrespective of make. In most cases though it is easier to fit original equipment, but any port in a storm will do.

Cheers..............Howard

Reply to Regs number Rq'd + 2330 question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock