Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss regs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bahco

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi guys just a quickie in the middle of a rewire on a 2 up 2 down terrace, when we 2nd fix its having a wylex board with single rcbo's.

ive wired it with 2 lighting circuits one up one down, my boss told me to put a seperate circuit in for the batroom lights... i was under the impression as long as the bathroom is rcd protected its ok... but he reckons it needs to be on its own circuit?

am i right or is he right? lol

thanks

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No need if your doing to 17th edition.

Just try and make sure you put up sockets and down lights one rcd and down sockets and up lights on the other, with the rest of circuits spread between the two.

B

bahco

no need to mate all the circuits will be single rcbo's

dont understand your answer.....what is there no need for?

cheers

E

eskimo39

I think Jason means that there's no need for a seperate bathroom circuit. So in effect you are right. Your boss is not nesseceraly wrong but it sounds like he is using the 16th edition regs. You used to have to have them seperate as lighting was not commonly rcd protected. However as you now (17th edition) have all circuits protected, the lighting upstairs is complient even with the bathroom on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tapouchoke

I think Jason means that there's no need for a seperate bathroom circuit. So in effect you are right. Your boss is not nesseceraly wrong but it sounds like he is using the 16th edition regs. You used to have to have them seperate as lighting was not commonly rcd protected. However as you now (17th edition) have all circuits protected, the lighting upstairs is complient even with the bathroom on it.

good advice;)

S

Spudnik

That is basically what i was trying to say:D

B

bahco

i had a few pints last night so it was probably beer eyes on my part lol

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to regs in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!