Discuss regulater anyone know were I can get one a these or something what will be compatible in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

Hi all. Anyone know were I could get a regulater for a intercom system. The model number is MWS9125.
It was set at 12v . 230v 50hz 54w. Never really dealt with requlaters to be honest. Was wondering if a 12v transformer would do the job. But this said 54 v on it thats all. Any help appreciated ..

Re: regulater anyone know were I can get one a these or something what will be compat

54W not 54V. depends on whether you want a DC or an AC 12V for the intercom.

Re: regulater anyone know were I can get one a these or something what will be compat

54w sorry not volt. I got a pic on my phone but cant upload

When I Google MWS9125 I get this:
Volte-Tel.com | Product Specifications
If this is the same, you need to check the voltage it's set to. If 12V, then DC 12V 2.5A DC regulated PSU is what you are looking at. Presumably for your purpose you don't actually need the switchable output voltage.

hi lucien yes thats the one. it was set to 12v.
it says primary 230v - 50hz 54w
sec ; V DC.

any chance u could put me a link to what a need please, as i dont have much to do with inverters really and cant order exact one. that would be brill

on the chart below it says 12v dc, 2.5A 30.0 VA.
and it says 54w on primary, would the replacement have to be 54w

When I Google MWS9125 I get this:
Volte-Tel.com | Product Specifications
If this is the same, you need to check the voltage it's set to. If 12V, then DC 12V 2.5A DC regulated PSU is what you are looking at. Presumably for your purpose you don't actually need the switchable output voltage.

like the mercury arc rectifier picture :)

on the chart below it says 12v dc, 2.5A 30.0 VA.
and it says 54w on primary, would the replacement have to be 54w

are you looking for a replacement regulator for the power board? I can dig out and post you one if thats all you need :)

It's just an ordinary regulated DC power supply, any model with 2.5A output should work (12 x 2.5 = 30!) but I would tend to look for a decent one made for telecomms applications because they will tend to have lower leakage & noise and be more likely to survive 24/7 operation for a long time. The input (primary) power rating isn't important, it's just telling you what the consumption will be at max output.

E2A (OT):
the mercury arc rectifier
Yes I have a few of those and they chuck out a bit more DC than 2.5A at 12V! That one's 350A although it's only doing about 50A in the picture

yes the door system not working checked outgoing of regulater nothing going out. should it be constant 12v dc . dont work on intercoms really just doing as a favour for someone

Pop down your local Maplin store and pick one up. Daz

Still csnt find one they all come wigh tips on. In the panel it is connecter blocks unless I can just cut end off and put red and black in connecter blocks

Yep, cut the plug off and wire in. Make sure you get polarity right though as it's DC. As Lucian says, it will just be a standard regulated DC power supply. Daz

Most iv seen are for computers though would this be ok. Would outgoing be red and black otherwise how would I check which was pos and neg?

There's no standard polarity, often one lead has a stripe but could be +ve or -ve, just check it with a meter after cutting off the connector. A computer one should be OK. I don't fit intercoms or such things so I'm guessing here but I would think that the whole thing will be floating w.r.t. ground. If so I would tend to opt for a supply with an earthed AC input as it will be less likely to pass leakage current out to the DC side (a small amount of leakage is normal and correct with switched mode PSUs). You probably don't need the whole 2.5A either, a smaller supply might do but I don't know the system so can't say for certain.

Ok the other ones I have seen are plug in ones but was thinking theyll be rubnish

To test polarity on dc side then ? If I put my tester + on the say red one and - on the black one would this show + 12v. But if I put the black to + on my tester and the red to -. Would this show up as -12v. I got kewtech 1700 voltage tester

To test polarity on dc side then ? If I put my tester + on the say red one and - on the black one would this show + 12v. But if I put the black to + on my tester and the red to -. Would this show up as -12v. I got kewtech 1700 voltage tester

a digital voltmeter will show 12V red on +. it will show -12V red on -. an analogue meter needle will go backwards id wrong way round.

Reply to regulater anyone know were I can get one a these or something what will be compatible in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock