Discuss Relationship between frequency and phase angle in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you are talking about 3 phase supplies then the phase angle will always remain constant at any frequency (rotation)

If however you are talking about music signals (phase shift etc) then this is probably the wrong forum.

Go on guys prove me wrong (I know you will)

sounds interesting, i could tell you frequency voltage relationship generally but think more info required for this apllication, the more i think about it, frequency not related to voltage, rather an occurrence of voltage in relation to time, have you got 2 voltages at different frequencies?? i may be wrong by the way and im sure someone will correct me

Last edited by a moderator:
AS I mentioned that I am refering to synchronization of an alternator to power grid using synchrochek relay, this relay at our site is having settings for only phase angle and voltage differences but not for frequency difference. So, my question is that how a synchrocheck relay takes care for frequency? Is it related to phase angle between two voltages? For example one voltage(110v) at 50 HZ and other (110v) at 60 Hz, we can see that their frequency is not matching but will their phase angles would match untill their frequency maches or are they independent of each other?

I always thought that that syncronisation was locked onto the voltage peaks therefore if the frequency was not mathched you would not be able to syncronise the two

The only way I could think of showing is by plotting a graph with the time in seconds across the bottom and the phase frequency in Hz up the side.

The only other thing I can think of but know little about is a Kalman filter....

I always thought that that syncronisation was locked onto the voltage peaks therefore if the frequency was not mathched you would not be able to syncronise the two

Kind of what I was thinking, the Gen kicking out 60Hz will have to be slowed down or your looking at some pertty complicated (solid state) AC-to-DC-to-AC convertor to match the frequencies. Ive done geny paralleling in the past, but both were kicking out the same voltage and frequency, just a matter of syncing the phases and locking the two together. Newer genys will do this automatically now (I believe)

Reply to Relationship between frequency and phase angle in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net