Discuss Relay help please... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Colin33

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have been wiring a heating system. The main hot water tank is heated by an oil boiler, a multifuel rayburn, some solar panels, and an electric immersion. There are 4 seperate heating zones including two underfloor with network stats and a separate circuit for towel rails.
This is not like any of the more straight forward systems I've done in the past!
All is now wired and seems to be working correctly but I have one issue left to solve: There is a high limit pipe stat which is designed to open all zone valves (overiding the room stats) should the tank temperature exceed about 85 degrees. However, I can't just connect this to the zone valves (brown wire) as this will just open all the valves during normal operation regardless of whether the zone stat is calling for heat or not. Therefore, I need some sort of relay which will have at least 4 separate outputs, un-connected to each other which will operate simultaneously when the high limit stat operates.
I've not much experience with relays so any help to determine which relay with do the job and where to get it would be appreciated.... :smile:

Reply to Relay help please... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
For the past few years, I have used a hydronic system (outdoor wood boiler) with both high and low temp working simultaneously. The low temp...
Replies
Views
1 - Major supply fault, details unknown. By time I get there DNO already put in genny and are digging up road. 2 - Reason for call, heating not...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I’m new to the forum, first post so here goes. I’m wiring a heating control system and at the moment the customer wants as follows; A...
Replies
Views
Hi there, the heating system I am working on has 6 zones and valves for each zone which was working fine with one boiler and one pump. some rads...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock