Discuss relay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

peteludman

Hi guys

got a problem can anyone point me in the right direction i need a relay or somthing to close then open in 0.5 of a second.

any idears

all it is is i have put dimable fluresent lights on a timer to turn the lights off at night if left on , but when the power is back on the lights come on (automaticaly)and to switch them off again it needs a push to make switch to be pressed and if you hold it down then it dimms the lights. the switch is just a button realy which when pressed turns lights on or off andwhen held dimms up or down.
so i need a relay set so when the power comes back on the relay will mimmick the press to make switch and turn the lights off again.

i have thaught of all ways to do this and this is the soloution i have come up with or pay a lot of monney for a LCM i dont know if you can see what im trying to explane but any other soloutions would be great

thank you

I think you need to look at the vast relay selection from RS components or Farnell as steve 1412 has already mentioned but your cheapest option if you already have the programming system is a cheap PLC this way you dont need a external timeclock or relay its all just programmed in - in block form or ladder form and if the customer is unhappy just change the program. If customer needs timeclock to be changed at any time by themselves then leave timeclock external.
Learning function block programming has been the best thing ive done recently as it cuts out loads of relays contactors wiring and it can be told to work differently by just plugging in your laptop.

Reply to relay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net