Discuss relays, time delayed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

connordev

hi, i am connecting a time delay relay onto a lighting circuit. i am going to have a switch on the circuit, when you switch the light on it should go on and stay on, until the switch is switched off again. when the switch is switched off, i want the light to stay on for ten minutes then go off. i purchased a time delay relay with normally open and normally closed contacts. the contacts on the relay are 15, 16, 18, a1, a2, b1. can you help? does anyone know what cables go where? also there is a dial on the relay with different settings, wt, ws, r, e, etc. i havent a clue which one to set it to?

Did it not come with a diagram displaying what numbers pair up to each other? And which are normally open and normally closed. A1 and A2 will be the coil feed and Neutral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

terminals 15,16 and 18 will be common, normally open and normally closed contacts, this can be confirmed by belling them out with a suitable meter.
A1 would be the switched live,B1 would be a permanent live, which will be required if the light is to remain on after the light switch is turned off for the delay off time, and A2 will be the nuetral.

hope this helps

Reply to relays, time delayed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am new to this forum and hope this is right placed and of interest. I would like to make a setup with one or more impulse relays...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock