Discuss Reliable portable reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
I'm looking for a reversing camera for my van, basically for when i'm hooking on a trailer on my own.
I believe they only work when reversing, (taking power from the reversing light) but I would like it to work when I want it to, so I can check the trailer load while driving.
Do they work with Bluetooth to the monitor, or do I need to run a cable from dash to the back of the van?
I'm not wanting to drill holes in the van, so magnetic mount?
And portable so I can take it to a new van in a couple of years.

I know, quite a precise requirement, but maybe someone knows about these things.

I'm not wanting to drill holes in the van

To avoid drilling holes, there are this type, which replace one of the OEM number plate lamps...

reverse-cam.JPG

Not available for all vehicles sadly. And non-transferable to another vehicle of course.

I would like it to work when I want it to

Mine is wired to a little on-off-on switch on the dash, so I can have it either when I put it in reverse, or on all the time the ignition is on.

Reply to Reliable portable reversing camera in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Last weekend I experienced a weird electrical fault with my 2010 Peugeot Boxer Van. A little background - the van is a 2010 Boxer 330 2.2 Short...
Replies
Views
I recently sold my Renault Trafic as it had done 214,000 miles and I also wanted something more economical. I bought the Citroen Berlingo LWB. A...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
Like a host of UK residents recently (230% increase in genny sales apparently), I've just invested in a small (3500W) portable, dual fuel...
Replies
Views
Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features. Firstly I want to be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock