Discuss Reliable sensor leds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LastManOnline

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have had to return a number of standard led sensor lights which malfunctioned within a mater of months. (standard outside type). Has anyone had similar issues? If not which brand are you using?

Have had to return a number of standard led sensor lights which malfunctioned within a mater of months. (standard outside type). Has anyone had similar issues? If not which brand are you using?
I usually fit Ansell Calinor. I had only one that I had to return, the lux sensor wouldn't allow the light to come on when set to come on during the day, but did work at night. Other than that, have had no other failures.

What brand have you been having problems with?

I usually fit Ansell Calinor. I had only one that I had to return, the lux sensor wouldn't allow the light to come on when set to come on during the day, but did work at night. Other than that, have had no other failures.

What brand have you been having problems with?
Generally Robus and similar brands as a standard option. While I would offer Steinel and similar for better quality. But in the last 2 years I, ve had issues with them all. Going out to replace them is a nuisance and generally uneconim if you have supplied it originally. Have gone back to to using separate sensors and lights at the moment.

Generally Robus and similar brands as a standard option. While I would offer Steinel and similar for better quality. But in the last 2 years I, ve had issues with them all. Going out to replace them is a nuisance and generally uneconim if you have supplied it originally. Have gone back to to using separate sensors and lights at the moment.
One brand I would avoid is LAP. Other forum members seem to rate their floodlights, but I see more of these faulty than any other brand.

Steinel have a good reputation, surprised you're getting problems with them. Which sensors are you fitting? I usually fit eterna if going separate, which are cheap but seem pretty good. No problems so far. And, surprisingly, have fitted a couple of cheapo toolstation ones, which are still going strong.

Reply to Reliable sensor leds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net