Discuss Reliable thermostat switch to "Open" at high temps ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For a roof top boiler enclosure that is really way too hot in this weather .Plan to have large vents at the bottom and to use a Room stat set up to run a 6 inch bathroom fan etc to come on when it hits 25 degrees inside. This morning it was reading 47 degrees inside ! Using the room stat in "reverse" to trigger only at the set temp etc .

Most room thermostats have a N/O terminal so can be used for this, often labelled as a satisfied or make on rise terminal.

Though depending on how fast it heats/cools you may need to think about a means of preventing it from cycling too quickly.

I'm no expert, but might be worth checking the gas regulations actually permit an extractor fan, depending on whether the boiler is sealed flue or natural draught.
Extractor fans are allowed, but limits on their extraction rates, and a test should be done with all extractors in the area on, and all doors, windows, etc. closed.

Probably worth contacting manufacturers to see if it matters on the upper level. I've only ever had to be concerned with the frost side of things, and given our temperatures in Northern Ireland, I don't see that changing

Reply to Reliable thermostat switch to "Open" at high temps ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I have a regular boiler doing room heating only, with a Drayton programmer (for time) + a Drayton dial stat (for temp). I've bought a...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've had 4 plumbers & 1 electrician look at my problem (seemingly without dedicating too much time unfortunately), spending more than...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a slightly mish-mash heating set up, in that downstairs I have wet underfloor heating with an individual thermostat per room, but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock