Discuss Remedial work after EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Ive been asked to quote for remedial work for local village hall after another company flagged up some C2's along with C3's

The C2's are basically add rcd protection to the socket circuits...fair do's
Now why are they a C2, but RCD on the lights isn't mentioned at all? not even a C3

They say smoke detectors do not meet new scottish law... Huh?? Will that be the new scottish law for DOMESTIC properties? They gave this a C3
Shouldn't have been coded at all. Maybe just a note. Only need to code the fixed wiring, not the detector on the end.

They have ticked the supply characteristics as 1 phase, 3 wire.... when i know its a 3 phase board... there's just no 3 phase equipment.
They've used the circuit chart numbers R1,Y1,B1,R2,Y2,B2... etc.... that should have given a clue.

Looks like its add a few RCBO's to the sockets, update the smoke detectors, and change an emergency light as there's one with heat damage.

Now why are they a C2, but RCD on the lights isn't mentioned at all? not even a C3
Possibly because it's not domestic?
They have ticked the supply characteristics as 1 phase, 3 wire.... when i know its a 3 phase board... there's just no 3 phase equipment.
That's concerning.

If it were me I wouldn't change the smokes unless there's a compelling reason to, and in my covering letter I'd say the installation is now satisfactory and that item <whatever> is not in scope of an EICR.

Would you need AFDD protected circuits as recommended for Certain areas of particular public risk.
For an EICR, my view is they should only be C3'd if the building is a HMO, Student Accommodation, Care Homes or a HRRB.

If it was a new installation or new circuit in a village hall then it might be considered under the "you might want to do this" part but in all likelihood it would be quickly rejected for cost reasons.

Reply to Remedial work after EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net