Discuss Remedial work from an inspection and test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

earyzhe

Hi, when doing an electrical installation condition report and issueing it as unsatisfactory for one reason or another, when remedial works are carried out to remedy the faults, does the certificate for these works put together with the electrical installation report deem the installation as satisfactory or, is a new electrical installation condition report requierd with the word satisfactory?

Thanks

I would say that the Installation certificates for the remedial work demonstrate that the problems indicated in an EICR have been resolved.
You can comment on the EIC to reference the EICR certificate number and observation number to provide greater traceability.

If you were to issue a new EICR you should really inspect and test again and this has additional cost implications that the customer is unlikely to want to pay for, however if that is what they want then, why not!

I wouldn't usually bother to issue until faults are fixed, but as I use electronic certificates I will issue a fail, and then re-issue with the faults greyed out and ticked off once repaired. That was there is a record of the faults for further inspections down the line, audit trail etc.

I wouldn't usually bother to issue until faults are fixed, but as I use electronic certificates I will issue a fail, and then re-issue with the faults greyed out and ticked off once repaired.

Thats not really the recommended or accepted method of issuing electrical reports to be honest.
You should always issue the report complete with all the defects as found at the time of inspection so as to be completely impartial.
Holding back a unsatisfactory EICR assumes that the customer is A. willing to pay for repairs , and B. its going to be you that does the work , and theres no guarantee of either.
A better solution is to issue a covering letter along with any MWC's to confirm defects have been repaired.

Thats not really the recommended or accepted method of issuing electrical reports to be honest.
You should always issue the report complete with all the defects as found at the time of inspection so as to be completely impartial.
Holding back a unsatisfactory EICR assumes that the customer is A. willing to pay for repairs , and B. its going to be you that does the work , and theres no guarantee of either.
A better solution is to issue a covering letter along with any MWC's to confirm defects have been repaired.

On top of that some of the works may not be minor.

Yeah i think issuing a Electrical installation certificate for the repairs with referance to the test certificate and faults is the best route.

I think the tutor on my 2391 said something like this but wasn't that sure. Seems to be abit of one of those lovely gray areas!

Thanks

i would fix the faults then just give them new eicr with satisfactory

Thats what I do as it would be a paper chase doing it twice and before anyone says well you need to highlight what you found and then fix it well no if it is something minor then I fix it their and then or I give the customer a list and cost they agree and thats it sorted

I have just completed an EICR for an outside broadcast vehicle and in order to satisfy the observations I have included a letter as the the only faults found were labeling issues i.e. no dual source label no quarterly rcd test label etc..

Remedial work from an inspection and test {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to Remedial work from an inspection and test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock