Discuss Remote controlled lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hellmooth

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Customer is looking to control some lighting from a remote/button, has anyone fitted anything similar, it's only for 1 circuit. I've installed universal receivers that can control garage doors and gates, I have used these to switch a contactor to control outside lights, was hoping for something simpler. A customer of mine also used something called light symphony, has anyone had any dealings with that? Cheers

Last edited:
Customer is looking to control some lighting from a remote/button, has anyone fitted anything similar, it's only for 1 circuit. I've installed universal receivers that can control garage doors and gates, I have used these to switch a contactor to control outside lights, was hoping for something simpler. A customer of mine also used something called light symphony, has anyone had any dealings with that? Cheers

What kind of lighting? You can get GU10 LEDs (and probably others but I've only used GU10s) that come with a remote for on off, dimming, changing colour etc.

There are PIRs which can be controlled using a remote.
C P electronics based in London NW10.
I have also seen a touch dimmer switch which has a remote, but that would only control one room.

That looks the ticket Lee, have you seen one of the receivers before, is it mountable in the switch, or is it an actual switch with built in receiver for remote?

See: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/EasySwitch/index.html

Take a look at light wave RF, fibaro, Zwave, Hamilton air, hozelock ( yup the garden hose people, it's targeted at ponds but can do lighting just as easily) - there are quite a few options depending on budget and whether you want a light switch on the wall or a remote you carry around with you.

Denmans, wilts, tlc all carry solutions as stock items in my experience.

cheers

Paul

Need it to be controlled by remote, it is controlled by switch at the moment so having looked through the options it would need to be mounted next to the switch, or at least have the cables running into the switch and the receiver mounted elsewhere!

Sorry should have worded my response better, with zwave or fibaro a module goes behind existing switch that can then be operated by either a handheld remote or an RF switch that looks sort of like a coaster and can be screwed to wall or left on a coffee table.

lightwave RF you replace the existing switch with a lightwave one and then either control that via another wireless switch plate, handheld remote or even your mobile phone via an app.

Sorry should have worded my response better, with zwave or fibaro a module goes behind existing switch that can then be operated by either a handheld remote or an RF switch that looks sort of like a coaster and can be screwed to wall or left on a coffee table.

lightwave RF you replace the existing switch with a lightwave one and then either control that via another wireless switch plate, handheld remote or even your mobile phone via an app.

The Fibaro relay switch is exactly what I'm looking for, can't seem to find remote fobs for it though?

Reply to Remote controlled lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net