Discuss Remote Switch Lighting Via a Keyfob in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hanson

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

I wish to install a lamp fitting in a hallway in conjuction with a single gang, 1 way lightswitch but to also operate lamp using a keyfob remote.

Distance from lamp fitting to use of fob would be about 18m.

What do I require for this project? some links to consumables would be appreciated.

One of these:
and one of these light switches:
And your choice of lamp.

If the fixed wiring is not already present, consider an electrician for the installation.
If the lamp and light switch are already there, just replace the existing switch with the one above. Job done.

These might be a bit more expensive than Chinese versions on Amazon etc, but these work (and remote doesn't need a battery)

Last edited:
One of these:
and one of these light switches:
And your choice of lamp.

If the fixed wiring is not already present, consider an electrician for the installation.
If the lamp and light switch are already there, just replace the existing switch with the one above. Job done.

These might be a bit more expensive than Chinese versions on Amazon etc, but these work (and remote doesn't need a battery)
Fantastic, thank you Avo, I will get this ordered in the next few days.

Yes there is a lamp fitting and one way switch, both are looking rough although the wiring is only about 7 years old so will swap for a LED fitting, a 20w LED fitting should do.

I just realised, although the existing circuit is on a one way switch, I require two way switching as I require a switch not just in the hall way but on the landing as well, so what switches will I require, I'm assuming a simple run of 3 core & earth between switches will be required?

I just realised, although the existing circuit is on a one way switch, I require two way switching as I require a switch not just in the hall way but on the landing as well, so what switches will I require, I'm assuming a simple run of 3 core & earth between switches will be required?
You don't need to run any wires to make my previous suggestion into 2-way.
You just need the right wireless wall switch from the same range, and stick it (literally!) on the wall on the landing, Simples!

You don't need to run any wires to make my previous suggestion into 2-way.
You just need the right wireless wall switch from the same range, and stick it (literally!) on the wall on the landing, Simples!
Hello, again thankyou Avo.

As soon as I posted my last message I relised it was a dumb question from me, my brain is hardwired for hardwiring, wireless switching and train of thought is new to me.

As I wrote I will get it all ordered, thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.

Hanson

Reply to Remote Switch Lighting Via a Keyfob in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net