Discuss Remote switch or socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shingies pete

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello,im new to this forum, im a self employed builder from the shetland islands.I am looking for a remotely cotrolled switch/socket with a range of about 100m,any thoughts ? cheers, Peter.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

shingies pete

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
indoor or out door.?
Outdoor, i have a moth trap about 100m from my house,it is powered from a nearby shed ,both are in direct view of my house,it would be so much easier to operate if there was some kind of remote controlled socket which i could use from my house,thanks ,Peter.

Richard Burns

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Remote sockets with 100m range are available but are expensive (can't remember the makes off hand), you would probably be better off (if that is the only power consumption) simply having a switch in the house for the power supply out to the trap. i.e. switch the supply cable as it leaves the house.

D

daiplayer

i think the time clock would be best . You buy time fused spurs : 24 Hour Supply Master - FST11A

other than that , switch supply cable to the shed its self ( switch in home )

J

jase

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Remote switch or socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom