Discuss Remove Email From MCS Database / Stopping Spam in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

VMan

Hi Guys,
I am getting fed up of all the bloody Trade Price list coming through on my email, and having to filter through them to all the time. Any idea how to stop this?? or how to remove my email from the MCS Database?

I always respond asking to be removed from the mailing list, but it never seems to stop!

I never order from junk mail and never will, why the hell are they so persistent??!?!? - think they should start charging an email fee to stop companies spamming!

Can you not just mark it as junk, then normally all other e-mails from that address go straight into the junk folder.
that helps a little but everyday new companies are appearing sending me the same crap

I've always been under the impression, that replying and asking them to stop, just informs them that your Email address is real.
From what I understand, the addresses they spam to are randonly generated, they have no idea whether they are real or not when they are sent out.

I've always been under the impression, that replying and asking them to stop, just informs them that your Email address is real.
From what I understand, the addresses they spam to are randonly generated, they have no idea whether they are real or not when they are sent out.

Perhaps.., but i have 2 primary email accounts, one i use for sigining upto free sites & forums ect and expect to get spam, the other just for business / private use, and have had it since 1998. never had too much of a problem with spam, but since being MCS registered, and putting my email on that bloody database, ive never had so much crap!! Must be getting 10 - 12 new emails from new companies every day..all to do with solar!! i think the MCS database shouldnt display personal details / email address, just a have contact form to forward us enquiries..

Same here with the emails and all since MCS , my mobile number is now on the TPS ( telephone preference service ) and stopped 99% of the cold calls literally over night !

I sort of miss baiting the cold calls as if i had time to talk to them i would arrange to meet with there sales advisers at a local little chef of their choice , only to not turn up and then just not answer the phone to any unknown numbers for a while !
They mostly end up eventually leaving quite a venomous message in the end , which is actually quite a rewarding feeling knowing that you got to the parasites !:ciappa:
As we do not advertise and all of our work is from our existing clientèle or personal referrals from them , people tend to leave a message if they do not get through , so i could afford not to answer the phone and ring straight back on receipt of the message .

Same here with the emails and all since MCS , my mobile number is now on the TPS ( telephone preference service ) and stopped 99% of the cold calls literally over night !

I have no involvement with MCS, home number on TPS, I still get at least one, sometimes more, calls per day.

I sort of miss baiting the cold calls as if i had time to talk to them i would arrange to meet with there sales advisers at a local little chef of their choice , only to not turn up and then just not answer the phone to any unknown numbers for a while !
They mostly end up eventually leaving quite a venomous message in the end , which is actually quite a rewarding feeling knowing that you got to the parasites !:ciappa:
As we do not advertise and all of our work is from our existing clientèle or personal referrals from them , people tend to leave a message if they do not get through , so i could afford not to answer the phone and ring straight back on receipt of the message .

A mate of mine did something similar to a double glazing company. He had about 15 windows needing replacement, the company sent a salesman around to quote for a uPVC replacement package, took 3 hours to survey the property. All the paperwork was completed, about to sign, then my mate said "You will of course sort out the Grade II listed building approvals, won't you...". Exit salesman...

Perhaps it's worth calling them about this if anyone hasn't already ?

Im sure part of data protection act should cover us from such junk emails. Or we should have an opt in out facility ? Indeed they perhaps should have a link to our websites as that's a standard now days so having contact details in a easily downloadable list would eliminate this. After all customers would want to go to our websites and not just call from the details on Mcs !

Reply to Remove Email From MCS Database / Stopping Spam in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock