Discuss removing a circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

still learning.

Hi, what paper work would you need to leave the customer (if any), if you were taking out a circuit in a house. For example, someone is moving house and they are taking their shed with them. The shed has lights which has it's own mcb in the cu, if that circuit was taken out is there any paperwork to be given as none of the other circuits have been altered in any way.

Hi, what paper work would you need to leave the customer (if any), if you were taking out a circuit in a house. For example, someone is moving house and they are taking their shed with them. The shed has lights which has it's own mcb in the cu, if that circuit was taken out is there any paperwork to be given as none of the other circuits have been altered in any way.

i would go with none except invoice

not necessary. but you can, if you wish, leave some sort of documentation explaining what has been done.

brass??? more non-ferrous metal for the pikeys

want do you want ? a freakin engraved brass commemorative plaque above the cable ?

;-)

"then at the shed end just coil the cable up and leave it"

But the shed isn't there any more! So are you suggesting putting tape over the MCB and leaving a random coil of cable in the garden??

Madness.

Disconnect all cores at the DB is the minimum I'd recommend

"then at the shed end just coil the cable up and leave it"

But the shed isn't there any more! So are you suggesting putting tape over the MCB and leaving a random coil of cable in the garden??

Madness.

Disconnect all cores at the DB is the minimum I'd recommend

i'm sure he meant taping up cable end in CU but leaving the cable out of the wall ready for the new homeowners shed.

chilax M , theres hours more of lunacy still to come , you need to pace yourself lol.

i'm sure he meant taping up cable end in CU but leaving the cable out of the wall ready for the new homeowners shed.

chilax M , theres hours more of lunacy still to come , you need to pace yourself lol.

Not sure I can cope with 3 hours on here. Too many rude idiots or numpties on here.

I'm off somewhere with a better quality of members

if i were moving house and taking the shed with me . i'd take the bloody cable as well. end of problem.

Reply to removing a circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock