Discuss Removing and Refitting a BS EN 60598 Circuit Plug in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike_rosie

Hi Folks!

First post! And hopefully it helps people in the future.

I have designed a desk lamp that I intend to make a sell a batch of. I have already decided that, to avoid the pitfalls of a non-registered electrician like myself wiring up a light circuit (although it would be simple enough for me to do) I want to buy a pre-assembled kit such as this (below) that is tested and certified to BS EN 60598.

Bespoke simple light | Plug & light sets | Factorylux

Now, my design requires the plug to be removed, threaded through a hole in a piece of wood and then the plug is fitted again. There will be no change to the wires, just simply unscrewed from the terminal screw hole.

Where does this leave the BS EN certification and potential product liability? Does it still stand as removing the plug and re-fitting the plug is a simple job? Or does the certification collapse as I am not a 'trained technician'?

Any help?

Thanks
Mike

Welcome Mike, sorry it took a while to approve your first thread. I've left it in the Regs section due to the nature of the question (and not DIY).

Last edited:

Reply to Removing and Refitting a BS EN 60598 Circuit Plug in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This is a rather basic question, so please accept my apologies. I couldn't find the right search term, and I thought my situation was a bit unique...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm a DIY'er based in Hong Kong (same electrical system as the UK), and don't take on new electrical installations naturally, but do try...
Replies
Views
I have 2 Google Nest Outdoor cameras that I’d like to mount front and back under the eaves and power from the loft. Their power details: “Plugs...
Replies
Views
Typically the EICR I fitted in this afternoon because I'd hoped it would be fairly simple (new build home, 2007), turned out to be the only recent...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock