Discuss Replace this board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It’s one of the old council flat ‘mantel’ fuse boards , I think that’s what they were called ...

you certainly won’t ba able to buy a like for like sized replacement today

it will have to be a bit of a suck it & see job to see what Modern board you can squeeze into the cupboard

this London sparks tackles a similar board swap

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE62hrGT_m0

As above Wylex is the best option!
Proteus do one but its cr@p has old AC type RCCBs so its not really reccomended either.

I had to sort one out the other day.
Think it was in the thread about pulling DNO fuses.
I'll see if I can link to the thread..

Recently fitted a Wylex skeleton board to replace a very similar unit. They do them in 3 widths I think, depending on the distance between the mounting screws either side. The one I had was 320mm and that looks similar to yours. (This is the one I fitted)

However, because of AMD 3, they are now basically a standard CU with extra brackets, and need significantly more height - Also involves removing the existing spot welded shelf, which can be a pain.

If I was doing it again, I'd probably just fit a standard RCBO CU of suitable width in the cupboard directly to the back.

From your picture, I think the smart meter is going to be in the way to fit any of the Wylex skeleton boards, unfortunately. Your best option may be an external board just above the cupboard.
[automerge]1601063086[/automerge]
This is the pdf for Wylex skeleton boards

Though it doesn't give the dimensions, because the shroud (which doesn't really add anything in this case) can be adjusted. I did find the heights, but it took me a while - if I find them again I'll link them here....

I'm pretty sure they need more height than available in your picture though as stated....

Edit: Found it on the Loadstar catalogue, which is the same board with a different brand on - 257mm is the minimum height you need from the top of the cabinet. I was lucky and got it in just above the normal meter which had been installed fairly low.

Last edited:

Reply to Replace this board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net