Discuss Replacement Hob Wire size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

adonis2

-
DIY
Reaction score
Another hob wiring question sorry,

I am replacing my oven and hob and the oven connections was fine, 6mm from new consumer unit on a 32a RCBO split to oven and hob.
the new hob is 6.2kw, old hob is 6kw the new one will not take the 6mm cable that was connected to the previous hob and the instructions say use 2.5mm cable.

I would like to use 4mm cable minimum due to the 32a RCBO what cable do you recommend if this is ok?
The links between the connectors are still in place.

I have attached pics.

Thanks20220509_133741.jpg
20220512_122122.jpg20220509_115841.jpg

2.5mm seems small, though with diversity it would be 10 + 0.4 * (27.4 - 10) = 17A so usually OK.

I certainly would look at 4mm, or at least a 2.5mm that is rated for 90C operation such as the LSZH version of T&E. For example, here it is sold by the metre (both 2.5mm and 4mm below):
Also high temperature flexible cable:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/time-3183tq-white-3-core-2-5mm-flexible-cable-5m-coil/207jy

as said 2.5 flex of a heat resisting type is adequate but if you're not pleased about it, if you look hard you'll find 5x2.5 so you can double up for 2x L, 2x N, leave the links in. I carry a bit specifically for hobs as the stupid terminal setups are often made for continental polyphase installs.

Reply to Replacement Hob Wire size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello hope you can help I have a single oven 2.4kw max and a ceramic hob 6kw max I would like to put then both on the same circuit so i was...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are replacing our old hob and cooker and I need a bit of help, to make sure all is safe. This is the oven and hob specs: AEG IKB64401FB...
Replies
Views
I am replacing my under counter oven with a new 3kw one, oven is on its own circuit and isolation oven switch, the cable is either 4 or 6mm coming...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock