Discuss Replacement oven power requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm replacing our oven, and want to make sure the new oven does not exceed the power requirements of the old one, but I can't find it. Our existing EOS66SS2 shows only the following information:

Nominal voltage 220V - 240V ~50Hz
Power connection: 13 A automatic bipolar switch with protected socket

Power absorption:
  • Base Resistance: 1.30 kW
  • Roof Resistance: 0.90 kW
  • Grill Resistance: 1.35 kW

Does this indicate the maximum power is 1.35kW, or should I combine them to show 3.55kW, or has this nothing to do with the power?

If you can use grill and oven at once it's the total of all 3 elements, otherwise only the the two oven ones. But 3.55kW is more than 13A at 230V. It's badly translated but I read 'automatic bipolar switch' as MCB, i.e. they expect 13A OCPD to be used. How is it physically connected... plugged in or hard-wired? If hard-wired, to a fused spur or outlet plate?

All three together is too much for a 13A !
But is a stove considered to be a continous load ?
If not then you may get away with it
because the chances are you will never use all three together,
and at the same time.

Reply to Replacement oven power requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net